Spanish Red Beans

I have been so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law that catered for 20 years on Long Island. She knows how to cook. But at home she loves her spanish food, which I am not terribly fond of...but some of it is really good. There's nothing like a really good pot of beans with rice, for whatever reason...quick, cheap, easy, nutritious and satisfying. I often serve as a side to Spanish Beef, and I'll post that recipe next week.






Ingredients
3 large cans kidney beans
(if you use small cans make sure you change the
tablespoon measures of the spices to teaspoons
or you'll end up with chili)
1/2 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt




Preparation
Cook peppers & onion until soft. Add spices and cook 1 minute. Add kidney beans. Cover and simmer approx 15 minutes. We love diced squash added to the pot. Serve over rice with corn on the side and lots of hot sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I never think of having beans but when I smell them, I crave them! This recipe looks great and with spices that I love. x

    ReplyDelete