Spinach Fettuccine





I usually use fettuccine, but tonight I substituted the shells and it was great, I actually preferred it with the shells. I used the montreal steak pepper (which I use a lot these days) because I was out of pepper and chicken stock and it has garlic in it.
 
Ingredients
1 lb large shells
1 lb frozen chopped spinach
1 onion chopped
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tspn. McCormick Montreal Steak Pepper
2 pinches ground nutmeg
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Preparation
In saucepan, prepare pasta as label directs, drain. Sauté onions in butter. Add thawed spinach. Sauté for 3-5 minutes. Add cheese, flour and spices. Stir to combine. Serve over cooked fettuccini. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens; cook 1 minute. Add sauce to pasta in saucepan. Toss gently until well coated.

Makes 6-8 servings
Prep time 20 mins
Approx cost $4


2 comments:

  1. OMG this looks amazingly good...right up my alley!!!!!!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is just wrong, I saw you were a follower, was amazed you had so many stinking blogs, so I chose the first one, and here it is 11:30 and I am hungry for pasta. MMMMMM... that looks good. I will be trying it!

    ReplyDelete