White Chocolate Bark



I just found this recipe thru Southern Butter and couldn't resist....my first love....ok my 2nd love....what caught my eye is that it is made in the microwave....one reason I haven't been baking and you see nothing sweet on my website is because our oven and 1/2 our stove is broken...like everything in our house right now. The other reason is because my eldest daughter loves to bake and she pretty much takes over as soon as I show her something yummy to make. I've been trying to coerce her into going into the baking business...but she's just too smart for that...just my luck!

I'm rather amazed that Ina Garten's recipes haven't made it to this website yet...I think I've made her monthly recipe (or a variation of) in House Beautiful every month for 4 years. We don't have TV but I must go back to her website, I've yet to eat something of hers that isn't delicious.




Ingredients


1/2 cup walnuts
16 ounces very good white chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup medium-diced apricots



Directions


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Using a pencil, draw an 8 by 10-inch rectangle on a piece of parchment paper placed on a sheet pan. Turn the parchment paper over so the pencil mark doesn't get into the chocolate.

Place the walnuts in 1 layer on another sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool and then chop roughly into large pieces.

Place 3/4 of the chocolate in a glass bowl and place it in the microwave on high power for 30 seconds. (Don't trust your microwave timer - time it with your watch.) Stir with a rubber spatula. Put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir again. Continue to heat and stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate is just melted. Immediately, add the remaining chocolate and allow it to sit at room temperature, stirring often, until it's completely smooth. (If you need to heat it a little more, place it in the microwave for another 15 seconds at a time.)

Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread it lightly into the drawn rectangle. Sprinkle the top evenly with the cooled walnuts, the cranberries and apricots. Set aside for at least 2 hours until firm, or refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cut the bark in 16 pieces and serve at room temperature.

4 comments:

  1. Super lovely post! Yay..awesome recipe! My mom makes all kinds of barks too..so it is always fun to read different versions! Wonderful post!Such a beautiful photo too..i think barks are so pretty and festive!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bark....not used fruit too much in mine and this is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this one. Really I am. Will let you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I am happy and also worried that I found this yummy recipe. I could do some damage with this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete